Monday 2 November 2015

The Wombats Live


Hello Guys and Welcome to another one of my blogs! The other week, on October 23rd, I went to see one of my favourite bands, The Wombats. They were playing at the Liverpool Guild of Students, I will talk shortly about how they were and what my experience was like there.

Well firstly, my experience was absolutely bloody amazing it was one of those feelings that I love, the feelings of the amps playing a beat that thumped in your chest. It had been a while since I have gone to any form of gig so I was happy to be back where I felt like I belonged. I was taken back to younger years of going to many gigs on the regular basis and I had such excitement when they finally arrived on the stage, but apart from the nostalgia it was mainly because I love the band.

I feel like I should mention the support bands of The Wombats, the first band unfortunately I did not see if there was one, as I was being a little cheeky and getting a little merry. The name does escape me though when trying to search for them or even trying to remember them at all, I believe they were called something along the lines of The Night Cafe but I am not sure and I digress. However though I was there to see the second support band Sundara Karma, who at first by doing some prior research was happy with seeing them, but after actually seeing them I was thankful and ecstatic that I did get to see them. They are a new band to me, and are an up and coming band that I highly recommend that people should give a listen because I am sure that your ears would enjoy them. The song that they opened with 'Flame' is a great song that was just something that got me hooked straight away, I can't think of a comparison to them better than The Black Keys and Foster the People. I say these two purely for how the songs sound and how the lyrics are sung, although saying that, that pretty much covers all aspects. The song that they finished on 'Loveblood' was a great song for them to end on as it got everyone on their feet but ready for The Wombats who were up shortly afterwards.

The moment had come...the room went dark...the neon signs on the stage shone brightly...the screaming of hundreds of fans echoed the hall as the band members entered onto the stage. Their instruments at the ready...they started with their Capella sounds to and backing track to 'Give Me a Try' the whole place erupted in excitement and people were jumping up and down. Now I already predicted that this would be the song they would open with, ask anyone I know and they will tell you the same, and why wouldn't they start with that it is the perfect song to kick off the night with. I was so amazed and ecstatic with the gig in all, I mean I could go into great detail about the entire night but I won't, unless you want me too, because I don't want to bore you. I was just happy that I got to see my two favourite songs of the new album 'Glitterbug', as you would have seen from my previous posts if you've read them, 'Curveballs' and 'Pink Lemonade'. They are amazing songs off the album and are even better when they are performed live, it just made me love the songs more and the band even more so. I did not think that they would play the song 'Isabel' because it is one of the slowest songs not just off the new album but altogether, I think anyway, but Matt 'Murph' Murphy had a put a different twist on it with an acoustic guitar. Which I liked of course. And of course the one song that they ended with is the one they always end with, the one that they are most renowned for 'Let's Dance to Joy Division'. This is a endless classic which never gets boring and it is surely a hit that gets the crowd bouncing and screaming their heads one last time just as much as they had done the whole night. If I could put a negative on the night is that it was not long enough and could have been longer. However that is the negative on every gig, everyone wants them to be that little bit longer. The positive I always find with this band is that they can play some amazing sounds, riffs, solos and fillers in between every song so that they seem to be one continuous string of awesomeness. They know how to rock and to just be f**king legends!

Well that is it guys, that was how I felt about the gig of The Wombats and the support act and how much I completely loved being back in Liverpool. I could go into more detail about the night but like I said I do not want to bore you. Hope you all enjoyed this little review of the night and I hope that you get the chance to watch this great band yourself. Thanks for reading guys and bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment