Sunday 6 December 2015

My top 5 favourite TV shows of 2015

Well 2015 is almost over and the dawn of 2016 approaches. And with this year there has been some absolutely brilliant pieces of television and I have selected what I believe to be the best of them in my opinion. But before I go onto to talk about my top five, I will just talk briefly about some of the programmes that didn't quite make the top of the list but deserve some recognition. I'll start with The Walking Dead, it is a great show and has been since it has begun but I feel like the last few series it has been lacking and dare I say a bit boring. But I still do love this show. Humans has been another great new show about a world with 'Synths' helping the everyday person. It was a very gripping drama which made you impatient for the next one. I look very much to the next series. Another show is Penny Dreadful, this is quite a dark adult show about witches, monsters and the lark. It is something that I have recently got into because it is my sort of show as you can probably tell with this blog. Constantine was a great show which I was truly thought would go onto to do so much but unfortunately it was cancelled after the first season. I am quite upset that it was cancelled as it finished with a massive cliffhanger and was surely destined for greatness. Gotham was so close to being in the top five as it is one of my favourite shows. It is obviously about the tales of Batman but when he is a child, centering more around a young Jim Gordon. It is, at least I think, a truly great show which is worth watching.


5. The Strain- This is a show that I have recently got wind of and as soon as I started to watch it, I was not able to stop. The best the way I can easily describe this programme, is that it is like a mix between Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The Walking Dead. The reason this has climbed so highly on my list of my favourite shows is because it does remind me of those shows but it just has everything in this type of programme that I like. If you have not seen this programme, it is basically about an epidemic or 'strain' in New York city, parasites that make people into zombie-ish vampires and the lark. It not only has a lot of action and effects, but the story too is just amazing, the depth of backstory that it goes into. Some of it I admit can be a bit stupid or a little annoying but it is a really good show. I do recommend this show and say that should at least give it a try.



4. Agents of Shield- This show, although probably well known, is something that I do enjoy to watch. This is because I am a big comic book fan and I have loved the Marvel adaptations, and i feel like this series does them justice. Although this might not have the great heroes and legends are Marvel involved, it has gone on to prove that it has its on legends and story to show which goes on in between or in the background of the films. What I do like about this series is that whenever it collides, timeline wise, it mentions or has a themed episode about the particular movie that is coming out while the show is on. For example when Thor: The Dark World came into cinemas it had an episode which concerned about citizens finding these 'Berserker' items. I do think that anyone who hasn't watched this show already should do, especially if you are a comic book fan, or a Marvel Cinematic Universe follower.




3. Arrow- Now this is a programme that is ins fourth series at the moment and I have loved it from the moment that it had started, it has always been a show that has been truly entertaining. I don't think there is anyone or any reason why you would not like this programme, it is just packed full with action and secrets. The character is basically the same as Batman, he is a billionaire by day and a vigilante by night but since there is no show about and adult Batman, so this will have to do. But this a very good show, especially since it has had a crossover with another superhero series The Flash, which has just made it that much better. This has unleashed the full potential of the show as it has had more characters from the comics but it has also created entirely new ones in the process, it has just been something that has broken expectations and more so. However it has felt like it has become a little repetitive at times and can become a little boring or predictable. This is one of  my favourite shows and I cannot wait for the future of it and will enjoy the episodes to come.


 

2. The Flash- Now I mentioned this show before when I said how it crossovers with the Arrow series, this is one of the best series that I have seen in a long while. It is a lot better than Arrow by a long mile, as it is something new, in the way that Arrow dealt with basically normal people while The Flash has dealt with these super beings or 'meta-humans'. It is a programme which has truly grasped the roles of its characters and their back stories and even some stories which have been interpreted differently. The show started with the explosion of the particle accelerator in Central City, this part was already shown in Arrow Season 2, but this lead to the creation of 'meta humans' and 'The Flash' himself. There are different types of Flashes in the DC Comics but this one is the story of Barry Allen, who was struck by lightning caused by the particle accelerator giving him his powers. This series went on for weeks showing great DC characters like Gorilla Grodd, Pied Piper, The Trickster (played by the great Mark Hamill) and of course The Flash's greatest rival The Reverse Flash. The whole first series is about chasing this 'Man in Yellow', his mother's killer, so that he can get his wrongly convicted father out of prison. This series is just brilliant and I highly, highly recommend it, the second season is proving to be just as good with the introduction of Jay Garrick, a Flash from a parallel world, and the tyranny of Zoom, a dark speedster set out to be the only one. I know a bit like Highlander right. Anyway do watch this guys it is brilliant.



1. Game of Thrones- Finally the best to come! What can I say about this show? How do I start with this? Well firstly I will say that it is one of the most amazing ad brilliant shows that I have ever seen, EVER!. Secondly, once you start there is no way that you will be able to stop and if you finally catch up you have that grueling pain to wait for more just like the rest of us. Who wouldn't or doesn't like this show, it has everything anyone could want, violence, sex, dragons, giants, sex (I know I've put it twice but I think that it's key) and not to mention a great and bad ass story. If you want me to explain the basics of this story then I really just can't simplify it, it is just two complex to be basic all I can say that it is almost like the fight for the thrones, for the rightful King or Queen. Go and watch it because it will explain it better than I can. The reason why I love this programme so much is because of the characters and the story of it, keeping a similarity of the structure of the books that have come out, but it should be remembered that this is based on the books and not actually going to portray them exactly. But this programme always leaves me in some form of suspense, and it leaves and a form of a cliffhanger after every single one, it is just absolutely brilliant. The sheer battles that go on through it and the graphics that are involved just make your imagination go beyond the boundaries and see them as if it was reality. This is one of my favourite shows and I hope it is one of yours, if not and you start watching it, it will be.




Right guys, thanks for reading I hoped you liked this blog and I hope you love programmes just as much as I do! Thanks for reading, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment